- Hating things is underrated. Learning to react, exist, and glorify in extremes makes me all the more impassioned. I have never loved as much as when I knew that I was allowed to hate.
- Growing older and more detached from all the people I used to know…
- For someone pushing the word of creation, I am clearly unkind to myself and far from a believer that self-love is the most radical act of creation.
Last updated: February 23, 2021
- Mga Kagila-Gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran: Mga Tulang Nahalungkat sa Bukbuking Baul, Jose F. Lacaba
- The Politics of Design, Ruben Pater
- Making Design Theory, Johan Redstrom
- Design Dedication: Adaptive Mentalities in Design Education
- Homestuck (I actually never finished this and stopped when Eridan Ampora was introduced </3)
- The Collected Stories of Jose Garcia Villa, Jonathan Chua
- A pig was once killed in our garage, Martin Villanueva
- Organization Development Practice in the Philippines, Edna P. Franco, Mendiola Teng-Calleja, Ma. Regina M. Hechanova
- Design as an Attitude, Alice Rawsthorn
- Design is a Job, Mike Monteiro
- Are We Human? Notes on an Archaeology of Design, Beatriz Colomina & Mark Wigley
- The Shape of Design, Frank Chimero
- Radical Technologies, Adam Greenfield (picked up from class)
- Designs for the Pluriverse, Arturo Escobar
- Speculative Everything, Fiona Raby & Anthony Dunne
- Against Creativity, Oli Mould
- Everyone on the Moon is Essential Personnel, Julian Jarboe (given as a gift by Bianca ♡)
- Sour Heart, Jenny Zhang (re-read)
If I end up writing about the things I’ve read I’ll make it a habit to update this and link it to the related post. 🙂 Also, please please send me recommendations!
I used to never track the stuff I read. Trying to change that this year!
I still mostly read articles or whatever digital longform I can get (not enough space for books at the moment, and are hard to get a hold of).
I try to track these types of reads on Are.na:
- I: General dump for publications, articles, essays
- On design: design references, websites, finds; not always literature
- On design reading: books and heavier reads
Trying something I’ve wanted to do for a long time. Streamed Genshin Impact dailies today, not even my core group of friends follows yet (RIP). https://www.twitch.tv/hotemogf
- Maybe I can just stream whenever I play videogames… mostly compelled by how I consistently play Genshin Impact. To put an angle to it, Genshin Impact (especially when doing abyss runs) with a lore-focused approach to discussion – I am making my first fansite in over a decade dedicated to its lore, after all. Communities that revolve around something new, like a podcast and constant story in a stream of consciousness form.
- Indie games! I play a lot of them and would like to record my runs and share them with people. I always recommend games that many people have never heard of, and have humble bundles and libraries to sift through and enjoy. Finishing stuff in a sitting is great for me.
I want to rerun Papers, Please and Stephen’s Sausage Roll (among many others), go through the Sokpop collection.
- My Dwarf Fortress world… (this one I’m afraid of actually being too stupid to stream for)
- The PvE Minecraft server I run with friends and the banter that ensues. 🙂
- Design streams with my personal side project and experimental work, and some productivity/educational work streams with Developh (Science & Technology, hello) –– we’re planning on creating some sort of streamer network to encourage creativity, connection, etc.; potentially discuss trends as we write and prepare projects and resources.
Is there anything you want me to stream?